University of Cumbria Doctor of Business Administration programme
SECOND Launch event!!
APRIL 29th, 14.00 and 15.30 (UK)
About this Event
An overview of the University of Cumbria’s new part-time Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) programme will be presented via a Zoom webinar.
An initial sign-up via Eventbrite is essential, and a Zoom link will be provided to all registered participants closer to the time of the event.
Please register HERE
The University of Cumbria Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) offers an opportunity for doctoral-level study, alongside significant personal and professional development.
The DBA is specifically designed for practicing managers, leaders, change agents and organisational consultants who aspire to enhance their knowledge, understanding and application of management, leadership, collaboration and organisational strategy beyond the Master’s degree level.
The DBA programme seeks to enhance participants’ capabilities and aspirations, hone their critical thinking, strategy-development and problem-solving skills, and to equip them with expertise to conduct independent research on current and future challenges and opportunities facing organisations. Blended learning via taught modules, tutorials and seminars, and the critical application of relevant and rigorous research methods, will enable participants to learn how to lead change more effectively, to make better strategic decisions and to enhance organisational accountability and sustainability in fast-evolving, diverse global-local contexts.
The DBA will enable you to:
- Design and conduct an investigation into a management, leadership, strategy and/or collaboration question (or a more specific professional issue), the outcomes of which make a significant and demonstrable contribution to both relevant knowledge, theory and professional competence and practice.
- Critically assess, select and implement appropriate research methodologies and methods within complex business, management, leadership or more specific professional contexts
- Synthesise, interpret and rigorously apply relevant theoretical frameworks and research findings in relation to complex business, management and leadership contexts and issues
- Develop high-level analytical and conceptual skills, facilitating questioning and critical debate about established theoretical orthodoxy and challenges to such orthodoxy
- Engage in and manage a process of high level critical reflective personal and professional development leading to the enhancement of your own professional practice and performance within a professional work context or a specific domain
- Improve the effectiveness of your organisation and those who work in it, as well as enhancing the engagement of other key stakeholders
The University is committed to providing excellence in academic practice together with a supportive and stimulating environment in which to conduct your studies.
Research Student Admissions are accepting UK, European and International DBA applications for intakes starting in October and April for academic year 2021/22. If you have any questions about applying to the university’s DBA Programme please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please find more information on the university’s admissions policies during Covid-19 here: https://www.cumbria.ac.uk/coronavirus/.
Photos: Rob Fraser, Somewhere Nowhere