The Virtual Summit Rethinking the Future
REUTERS NEXT kicks off 2021 by gathering global leaders and forward thinkers to reimagine solutions to the challenges the new year brings.
After the extraordinary upheavals of 2020, we will come together to look ahead at opportunities for change and growth, as well as how to deal with the rifts and problems that our world and our societies face.
No country, company or community can tackle the future alone. To build a better world, thinkers and doers must come together to share ideas, collaborate and act.
REUTERS NEXT draws on Reuters global reach to host diverse voices from around the world who will examine topics from different perspectives, bringing their passion, experience and expertise to find new ways forward.
How will the world change post-Covid and the other ructions of 2020?
Change is certainly coming and we all have the choice either to be spectators or drivers of that change.
Here are some of the people exploring the defining issues of 2021 and beyond:
- Christine Lagarde, President, European Central Bank
- N Chandrasekaran, Chairman, Tata Group
- Bahren Shaari, Chief Executive Officer, Bank of Singapore
- Peter Wennink, Chief Executive Officer, ASML
A Sustainable Future:
- Patricia Espinosa, Executive Secretary, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- Michael Wirth, Chief Executive Officer, Chevron
- Sama Bilbao y Leon, Director General, World Nuclear Association
- Ilarion Merculieff, President, Global Center for Indigenous Leadership and Lifeways
- Kristin Peck, Chief Executive Officer, Zoetis
- Sandeep Mathrani, Chief Executive Officer, WeWork
- Sebastian Thrun, Founder, President and Executive Chairman, Udacity
- Alan Joyce, Chief Executive Officer, Qantas
- Bhavish Aggarwal, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Ola
Politics, Policy and Progress:
- Dr Reza Baqir, Governor, State Bank Pakistan
- Bobi Wine, Presidential Candidate, Uganda
- Thant Myint-U, Burmese Historian
- Thae Yong-ho, Member of the National Assembly of South Korea
Media and Free Speech:
- Darren Walker, President, Ford Foundation
- Najwa Shihab, Newscaster & Anchor, Metro TV Indonesia
- Sonny Swe, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Frontier Myanmar
- Waad al-Kateab, Filmmaker, Activist & Founder, Action For Sama
- Tsitsi Dangarembga, Award-winning Zimbabwean Author
Register for free